What's new

First time out with my new Vaquero

Pointman

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
2,646
Reaction score
1,585
Golden Thread
1
Location
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, AT Pro, Xterra 505, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received my new Vaquero last week and today was the first time I was able to get out with it. It has the new 11 x 8" coil. I will say this much, even though I used the Vaquero steadily for 6 months 3 years ago it is definitely a departure from my CTX.

I had lined out 3 homes today ranging in date from the 40s through the mid 50s.

The first house I was able to find this token. It is something about Robin Hood shoes and it is smaller than a dime. The second I found 2 wheat cents. We almost didn't detect the last house of the day. It has about the smallest yard that I have ever seen with a concrete driveway a small concrete foundation for a barn and a walkway. I would be surprised if there was more than 100 square feet of grass to detect and it was in patches. I even told him to detect and I would watch because it was really too small for more than one person.

I was still able to dig up the 1952 quarter in the picture, which was at 7 inches. What is funny is my detecting partner claims I am always able to find silver because I use a Minelab, but I was still able to get this one behind him with a "beep and dig" machine and I wasn't even proficient with it!

20160210_152729_resized.webp P1010758.webp P1010759.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice maiden voyage!!! I've heard the Vaquero is very capable and will be finding out soon myself...
 
Nice going! You really kicked butt with the Vaquero. In the right hands, it's deadly.

tabman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom