What's new

First time out

fish1on

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2012
Messages
3,056
Reaction score
1,404
Golden Thread
0
Location
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had received Intel that one of the marinas had open water so off My Son and I went. Upon arrival we soon learned to not trust everything you read on the internet! LOL

There was some open water but it was in weedy shallow water so we turned to the docks and broke thru the thin ice on the edges and bobbed our magnets up and down both sides. Bunch of fish hooks, jigs, nails, etc but no good or unusual finds.

After a bit of trash removal we decided to go to one of the community fishing ponds that stay open water year round due to bubblers installed in them. Worst case we could actually fish for trout and toss our magnets in if fishing was slow and no one else was there as to not disturb their fishing. Well the fishing was not so good and the area we were in was free and clear of other fisher folk. Out came the magnets and time to recover the goods. My Son worked a fishing dock and I did the shore toss. Second throw in my Kid pulled up a spent pair of pliers and I was getting rusty hooks on each retrieve. Again, nothing special or unique to share. This magnet hunting bit is going to be fun for sure, just need some better open water.

We decided to bag all this and finished up our day metal detecting a soggy wet park. I dug .62 cents and a bunch of junk and my son pulled out $1.08 winning the day for finds.

All in all it was one of my best days out this year. Nothing better than a nice sunny day and spending time with my Son whom I see very little anymore.
 
I thought you were snowed in and was napping.. You had a wonderful time, Congrats!!!! Are you sure you weren't dreaming....
 
Lots of rain recently and afternoon temps in the 40's took it all out in the valley. Going thru some massive flooding here now. I missed my nap but that is OK since I spent the whole day with my Kid.
 
Quality time with your son, that was your best "catch" of the day! 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom