kansastide
Jr. Member
Yesterday was my first time searching half dollar rolls. I remember doing this with penny rolls about 10 years ago and having good success with wheat cents. I've gotten silver dimes and quarters in change several times this year and it got me thinking that there must still be lots of silver still in circulation. Anyway, I opened an account with a small town bank the other day and asked for whatever they had in half dollars ($360), and also got $28 in penny rolls and $100 in nickel rolls. They're going to order me a couple boxes of half dollars every two - three weeks.
Haven't finished the nickels yet, but the results from the halves and pennies are listed below. I guess one of the questions I have is about NIFC halves. Is there a market for them and would they be worth keeping? Also what are the years and mintmarks for these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On a side note. I haven't used my metal detector in years, but after reading all the posts I'm definitely looking to get it back out when weather permits.
Out of $360 in half dollars I found (5) 40% and also kept (60) bicentennial halves (has anyone had any luck selling these?). Out of 2,800 pennies I came up with 4 wheat cents (40's & 50's) and 808 copper pennies (which I'm going to start collecting or should I say hoarding). Nickels haven't been too good so far. Out of 400 nickels I've only found 3 (1950's) and one (2001 D) proof.
I like the half dollar results, but I now need to find some more small town banks to order boxes from.
Happy Holidays and good luck hunting!
Kansastide
Haven't finished the nickels yet, but the results from the halves and pennies are listed below. I guess one of the questions I have is about NIFC halves. Is there a market for them and would they be worth keeping? Also what are the years and mintmarks for these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On a side note. I haven't used my metal detector in years, but after reading all the posts I'm definitely looking to get it back out when weather permits.
Out of $360 in half dollars I found (5) 40% and also kept (60) bicentennial halves (has anyone had any luck selling these?). Out of 2,800 pennies I came up with 4 wheat cents (40's & 50's) and 808 copper pennies (which I'm going to start collecting or should I say hoarding). Nickels haven't been too good so far. Out of 400 nickels I've only found 3 (1950's) and one (2001 D) proof.
I like the half dollar results, but I now need to find some more small town banks to order boxes from.
Happy Holidays and good luck hunting!
Kansastide
Upvote
0







