First Time

SONICMASD

Greenie
Jan 9, 2008
PHX, AZ / LISBON, PORTUGAL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I got my Tesoro Silver Umax on Sunday and tried it out this morning in my backyard and after diggin huge holes and in the end just finding my dad's irrigation system i decided i needed to go to a real place to test this thing out.

There is a huge park by my house and i went there for just 15 minutes and worked a tiny area about 15x15 feet. At first I dug 2 signals and found tiny pieces of foil. then i got a much stronger signal and know im learning what the difference in signals sounds like cuz in that one plug i found 3 quarters!
Thats all I had time for but just those tiny clad finds really made me happy and feel accomplished and i cant wait to get out there tomorrow for at least 3 hours and see what i find.

Upvote 0

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting is a lot of fun and rewarding!! I've never used a Tesoro before but there's a lot of people around here that use the Tesoro Tiger Shark in the water and swear by them.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Great finds on your first trip out. I have used a Garretts Treasure Ace 300 for about a month now and just recieved my Whites XLT yesterday. Chomping at the bit for the weekend. I'm new here also. Good luck and keep us posted.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
SONICMASD,

Glad to hear your Silver uMax arrived safe and sound. That park seems like it's the place for you to go to learn your detector. Take your time and listen closely to the subtle differences in the signal that the Silver is giving you. Put that together in your mind with the target you dig up and before long you will be raking in the goodies!
Thanks again for buying from me. Joe

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hunting. It took me two months to get the hang of it.

Where are the pictures? We love pictures.

SKD

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
KEEP HUNTING IT WILL GET TO YOU.YOU WILL BE TRYING TO GO EVER CHANCE YOU CAN. BEST OF LUCK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread