First Token and Lucky at that

M

mchamby

I detected at a private home today, it has a very small yard but is rich in history. It was one of the underground railroad homes, in its time. There used to be a fountain in the side yard, it was a little black boy and when water came out it meant coast is clear but it there was no water flowing it meant stay away not safe. For the history of the place I was a little disappointed but I am still happy with what I found. I got my first token and it says carry this lucky key token in your Adler Rochester clothes. On the back it says Adler Rochester clothes and I can't make out what it is a pic of but the front is a four leaf clover. I also found another Indian, 1904 yippy. I found 5 wheaties, 1911, 1909, 1945, 1956D, 1958D. I found a neat piece of brass pipe with designs on it, an old button, Iron know with designs on it, lead pcs, threaded pipe, and other odds and ends. I had a good time and the weather was tolerable. HH
Mchamby

Attachments

• estabrook.JPG
    estabrook.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 339
  • estabrook3.JPG
    estabrook3.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 339
  • estabrookindian.JPG
    estabrookindian.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
that is some great stuff you got there, looks like you had a lot of fun! whenever i hunt a place with so much history no matter what I find it is a great day!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Neat stuff, Mchamby! I really like the Adler-Rochester key tag.

The earliest date for it would be 1922, when Levy Bros. Clothing Co. merged with L. Adler Bros. & Co. to form Levy Brothers & Adler-Rochester, Inc., manufacturing their medium-priced clothing line under the "Adler-Rochester" label. Adler-Rochester was eventually absorbed by Michaels Stern & Co. in 1951

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Mc,

very nice finds. Tokens are always neat.

Sounds like an interesting place; once did and
underground RR location here in Illinois and came up
empty.

have a good un...............

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you will have your work cut out for you at that site.....Those slave tags will bring a nice buck!! mabe you will find one............ ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Sometimes just being able to detect an old historical site makes for a great hunt. HH, Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,thats a neat looking token.Congrats. :) The other digs aren't to shabby eather. ;)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing that bit of history Maria! I learned something new today. :) Great finds and love the token!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
M

mchamby

thanks all for the replies, does anyone know anything about this token, like it's date maybe PBK :D
HH
Mchamby

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on the nice finds

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions