What's new

first try at CRH

scavenger

Full Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
210
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stopped by my bank and asked for halves, says they aint got none, asked for big dollars, says they aint got none, asked for customer rolled quarters or dimes, says they aint got none so I buy 2 boxes of pennies to drown my sorrow, managed 9 wheats is all, 4 '44s a few in the 50s too only one real early a '39 not worth the trouble if you ask me, need to find some seelver ;D
 
Upvote 0
Silver isn't only in customer rolls, just get some dime rolls and you may get lucky. :thumbsup:
 
Helps to stop at every bank withing 100 miles and ask for halves. 1 in 5 have a few more often than not.
 
I agree, the pennies aren't that exciting - they are ok once in a blue moon
 
Ya but you sure can find alot of nice errors for your collection in the pennies..Just have to examine every one. I use a 10X loop and examine every coin I get my hands on..Recently got 48 Bucks for the 2008 Alaska quarter I found in a roll that had a extra hand on the bear
 
Another option for the silver hunt is to search boxes of nickels for the war nicks. I just searched a box today and snagged two (43P and 44P).
 
for ahlfs you gotta hit lots of banks....on my first go around of the banks in my area the ratio was like 7 banks before i found any halfs.....now on the 2nd go around it has increased to almost 10 banks before finding any....don't know what the number is for banks that had any silver ones
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom