What's new

First Try Coin Roll Hunting-With Pictures

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
2,240
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I went to the bank on Friday and decided to give coin roll hunting a try . I read up on it a little and then called around until I found a bank that had some half dollars in the vault. I bought all they had (which was only $40 worth). I only found one silver, but was happy there was at least one. It was a 1964 Kennedy half in very good condition. I will definitely try this again!
Thanks to everyone on here for posting their tips.

Baldingboy
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0130.webp
    DSC_0130.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC_0128.webp
    DSC_0128.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC_0129.webp
    DSC_0129.webp
    68.9 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0
Re: First Try Coin Roll Hunting

congrats welcome to the pursuit. good luck and post pics of your finds
 
Re: First Try Coin Roll Hunting

Great job, hopefully you will hit the jackpot!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: First Try Coin Roll Hunting

Nice find! keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: First Try Coin Roll Hunting

:thumbsup: Tom, glad to see you hit paydirt your first time out.

Happy Hunting

Desertfox
(Paul)
 
I think the one on the very front may be a proof.
 
enamel7 said:
I think the one on the very front may be a proof.

Looks like it could be.
 
BB....did you bring Mastereagle with you? or were you afraid he'd scare the tellers ;D
 
that's how it starts...one coin, then another, then another and suddenly you realize you've become addicted. it's a fun hobby with the chance to score some pretty nice stuff.

congrats on your find and good luck in the future.
 
enamel7 said:
I think the one on the very front may be a proof.

Are you talking about the 1964 I have pictured by itself? I thought proofs were only "S" mintmark. This one has no mint mark.
 
Welcome to the madness. It will drive you crazy in a good way.

Golden silver
 
Baldingboy said:
enamel7 said:
I think the one on the very front may be a proof.

Are you talking about the 1964 I have pictured by itself? I thought proofs were only "S" mintmark. This one has no mint mark.

The crew is referring to the first coin in the forefront of the first picture of the heap of halves. I myself don't think so. I think it is more due to the lighting. Anyway, congrats on your first. Now don't go telling everyone how cool of a hobby this is.
 
One silver coin is all it takes! Welcome to the addiction. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom