First week of hunting was decent!

theproph

Oct 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started coin roll hunting last week and have found 4 Roosevelt dimes and one 1964 Half. Im pretty excited!

Totals searched:
Dimes = $1050
Halves = $1140

2VLjD.jpg

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Sweet! welcome to the addiction of roll hunting... Get ready to receive weird looks from people at the bank while you haul out massive amounts of coin :laughing7:

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats I just got skunked on my weekly box of halves, From the looks of it I should start doing dimes too!

Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
T

theproph

Oct 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Sweet! welcome to the addiction of roll hunting... Get ready to receive weird looks from people at the bank while you haul out massive amounts of coin :laughing7:

Haha yeah Ive already gotten many weird looks. I dont think anyone CRHs in my town either so it makes it even that much better. Ive been testing the waters at pretty much every bank where Im at to see which ones are cool. Ive only come across one so far that doesnt allow non-members to 'buy' coins. Im pretty excited so far. The only thing I hate is taking so much coin to the coin counter at my fiancee's bank, I feel bad when I fill the bags! Im also waiting to see if I can buy the bags of coin from the coin counter at my normal bank that is going to start ordering me boxes. They have never had anyone ask about buying the bags so thats a good sign!

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some pretty good finds. Welcome to the addiction.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theproph said:
Haha yeah Ive already gotten many weird looks. I dont think anyone CRHs in my town either so it makes it even that much better. Ive been testing the waters at pretty much every bank where Im at to see which ones are cool. Ive only come across one so far that doesnt allow non-members to 'buy' coins. Im pretty excited so far. The only thing I hate is taking so much coin to the coin counter at my fiancee's bank, I feel bad when I fill the bags! Im also waiting to see if I can buy the bags of coin from the coin counter at my normal bank that is going to start ordering me boxes. They have never had anyone ask about buying the bags so thats a good sign!

And so it begins.

As for the bank that would not sell to you-you just didn't ask the right teller! They all will say something different.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If they constantly have to change the bags when you are dumping, I am assuming you are speaking about TD bank.. If so, I would not bother purchasing the bags, their machines reject silver..

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!
Beautiful coins there.
Thanks for sharing. :-)

OP
OP
T

theproph

Oct 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they constantly have to change the bags when you are dumping, I am assuming you are speaking about TD bank.. If so, I would not bother purchasing the bags, their machines reject silver..

Actually I dump at my fiancee's credit union. Their halves bag is $500 and the rest are $1000 I do believe. Ive started with doing 2 boxes of halves a week along with two boxes of dimes per week so when I go I almost always fill up the halves bag. I try not to take more than $500 in halves each visit but sometimes the bag already had some in it so when I go to dump it usually gets filled. Im going to attempt to buy the bags from my personal credit union (different from my fiancee's) but I have no idea if it rejects silver or not. If they allow me to and I dont find any silver after awhile Ill scrap that idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions