What's new

Fish Scalers?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find some strange scraper types in my hunts down by the creeks. They are really just chunks of flint removed with a slight edge touch. Not really enough to cut but they would make great scale removers on fish. This is 3 examples I have more though. I am wondering if they have any type documented as being used to scale fish with? A true scraper usually is touched all the way around. I am wondering if others find them like this near the water? Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4084.webp
    100_4084.webp
    162.8 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
Now this is just my own thinking, after seeing native people in other parts of the world eat fish, they cook them with the scales on, some don't even gut the fish. By leaving the scales on the meat will not just fall apart, I think that's why when you dig into a trash pit you find bones and scales. They were not like us old southern boys and deep fry everything :laughing7:
 
So just scrapers then and only worked on one side. Maybe quickie tools? I cant see them using it more than once. I found all of the 3 in one area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom