What's new

Fisher CZ-21 rookie needs help - Hoping the Tnet Pros W/CZs can help. TY

Buff4

Full Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
162
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Fisher CZ-21 rookie needs help - Hoping the T'net Pros W/CZ's can help. TY

Hello all, thanks for viewing this link.
It's been 15 years since I had been into detecting with my Garrett Ace and White's Coinmaster, boy how times have changed. I recently purchased a Fisher CZ-21 after finally making a choice to fit my needs (Saltwater & dry land). I've spent the last month reading and studying literature on the CZ.

I finally had a chance to take it out and get to train with it, and although I am VERY happy with this machine, there are a few things that are puzzling me that perhaps one of you pros can help with.

First here are the conditions in which I was working. It was a saltwater beach in a cove area of Rhode Island, it was low tide and I was working the wet sand area. I was mainly working in “Auto Tune” or all-metal mode, ground was at about 6 (5 would hum), sense was about 5 or 6, volume at 7. Surface was about 3 inches of wet sand, below that is like a dark gray, blackish mud.

Here are my 2 questions.
1)Repeating signal in 1 direction only – straight in front of me – level swing – 1” to 1.5 “ off ground.
2)Disappearing signal – good signal for 3 to 5 passes of the coil over the spot – then no signal.

Also, when setting my ground, should I leave a LITTLE bit of audio tone when setting, or should I back of until it is silent ?

Thank you for any input, your time and knowledge is appreciated greatly.
HH

Below is what I found (hope the pictures show up, it's my first picture post)
 

Attachments

  • City park 3-9-12  two hours.webp
    City park 3-9-12 two hours.webp
    140.4 KB · Views: 514
  • City park 3-9-12  two hours A.webp
    City park 3-9-12 two hours A.webp
    135.2 KB · Views: 379
Re: Fisher CZ-21 rookie needs help - Hoping the T'net Pros W/CZ's can help. TY

I,personally, have no experience at all with the CZ21, but it looks like you're learning.

Nice digs, :thumbsup:
 
Re: Fisher CZ-21 rookie needs help - Hoping the T'net Pros W/CZ's can help. TY

Thank you Dave :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Fisher CZ-21 rookie needs help - Hoping the T'net Pros W/CZ's can help. TY

Buff there is a hay wagon full of cz posts on the Fisher forum, under Metal Detecting, in Brands. You have taken to it like a duck to water. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Fisher CZ-21 rookie needs help - Hoping the T'net Pros W/CZ's can help. TY

gleaner1, thank you for the tip. I will surely check it out.
HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom