63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try looking at you tube to see if anyone has posted a video on the machine? Also, check out the "brands" section of this blog and ask your question there. My GMT is my Pal!!.....................63bkpkr

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, no, stay away from that thing. They were a huge flop. Some dealers still new ones they can't get rid of.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has not been made for many years so beware people selling "new" Fisher Gold Strikes. Actually not a terrible unit, but a real market failure if there ever was one. Very hard to resell so not worth buying unless real cheap, like under $300. If you are just starting out I would highly recommend getting something more mainstream. The Fisher Gold Bug is only $499 new and can be had for less used.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buy used but not abused Gold Bug 2, GBPro,Tesoro Lobo Super Traq and be a much happier miner-John

Mitch Dickson

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get tickled every time I read a bad review of the Gold Strike. It has to be the absolute best gold finder ever made!!! I will hunt behind you with your gold bug or GPX5000 and dig gold all day long! Nothing else on the planet will find very tiny pieces of gold, even under hot rocks like the strike. So why the bad reviews? That stupid frog sound in your ear all day long. It will agrevate a green fly! The guy that invented it was both a genius and an idiot. Solution? Have a ham operator build you a "razor sharp" CW filter for 1000 HZ that passes only that tone. No more frog sound just nice quiet operation that only sounds on targets. Once "cured" of that awful noise, it is a pleasure to use. The high speed auto ground balance will keep you digging very tiny pieces of gold all day. You can litterally hunt behind a PI machine or a gold bug and stay busy digging what they missed!!!!!! I have owned them all, and nothing, I mean nothing, is as good as a strike!

Aug 14, 2010
ive bought the gold strike when they came out in 2005 and have never any problems with it, found 1 gram of gold in the jackson gorge mining district in imperial county last year, i think the only reason people dont like them is because there just to high tech and the instructions are hell to figure out, but once you get used to it. like any other detector they work great, the best thing i like about the goldstrike is it works in the same principle as a white's gold master if done write

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread