Fisher Tank Division - 5 tags in one spot!

snowtrooper49

Greenie
Sep 27, 2012
Farmington Hills, MI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting a neighbors yard earlier today and happened upon these tool tags from the Fisher Tank Division. These were found within a 2'x2' area. One of the tags was starting to crumble, but the other 4 are pretty nice! Each tag has a unique four digit ID with "Fisher Tank Division G.B." across the bottom. Looking into it, the Fisher Tank Division of Grand Blanc made several models of tanks during WWII before being reconfigured for auto work in the late 40's and early 50's. A nice mlive.com article sums up the Tank Division's work: "From April 1942 to May 1945, 11,385 General Sherman tanks were built at the facility and about 1,190 Pershing tanks from Nov. 1944 to June 1945, according to GM and Flint Journal archives. The facility built 4,200 of the Patton M-48 tanks."
I love discovering local history! :)

Attachments

• image-3818558915.jpg
    image-3818558915.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 98
I was detecting a neighbors yard earlier today and happened upon these tool tags from the Fisher Tank Division. These were found within a 2'x2' area. One of the tags was starting to crumble, but the other 4 are pretty nice! Each tag has a unique four digit ID with "Fisher Tank Division G.B." across the bottom. Looking into it, the Fisher Tank Division of Grand Blanc made several models of tanks during WWII before being reconfigured for auto work in the late 40's and early 50's. A nice mlive.com article sums up the Tank Division's work: "From April 1942 to May 1945, 11,385 General Sherman tanks were built at the facility and about 1,190 Pershing tanks from Nov. 1944 to June 1945, according to GM and Flint Journal archives. The facility built 4,200 of the Patton M-48 tanks."
I love discovering local history! :)

Awesome!! I found my first tool check a couple of weeks ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back