Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose....wondering if anyone knows anything about this water machine. Have a chance to buy an almost new one for $400.

Have never swung anything but a Garrett but with 5 of 6 Garretts down......bouy gotz to do what he can do.

Any info appreciated.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
I've used the 1280X for some years now, and I like it. For me it has been a good coinshooter, and great for fresh water hunting. Just set it, turn it on and go. However it won't find gold chains, At least I could never locate on them. I've never had to have mine it the repair shop. I've heard that Fisher will want an are and leg to work on it and may even tell you they don't have the parts on hand to fix it. But if you use it any at all, you should find enough to pay for it in short order. Like a ring or two. There might be better locaters out there for salt water, but for fresh water, it's just fine.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the oldies and goodies. Built like a tank it is very easy to use. Set volume as high as you like it, Disc. only near 2 just so you can still hear a pull tab unless you don't want to find gold rings. and sensitivity as high as you can run it. I like to run it with less though for more stability. It only has one tone, a Buzz or beep. It is best with the larger coil to cover more ground area per sweep.

With the batteries separate from the guts even if you goof and don't close the door properly you don't ruin the detector. Makes me wonder why nobody else does this. If you keep the controls on the shaft when you let go of it in the water it floats right near your hand. Very easy to hipmount with it's included belt loop.

The upgraded CZ21 has 3 different id tones to help with the recovery of the target. Why would you need 3 tones if your going to dig everything? Well you can leave the low iron tones alone and the high coin tones to concentrate on the mid tones which are nickels, pull tabs and mostly gold rings. This way do don't waste hunting time scooping bobby pins and coins.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leslie(nova scotia) said:
From the land of the Bluenose....wondering if anyone knows anything about this water machine. Have a chance to buy an almost new one for $400.

Have never swung anything but a Garrett but with 5 of 6 Garretts down......bouy gotz to do what he can do.

Any info appreciated.
[/quote

You must be a Rangers supporter (Scotland)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like mine.It loves silver and is deep but salt water makes her go crazy. Freash water ,no problem. You can find them pretty cheap . The one that I have is about 15 years old and works great. Tough old battle ax.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I'm on my 2nd 1280x..LOVE it! it's a great land/water machine. I find loads of jewelry and have NO problem locating gold chains in the water, just ask Bigscoop as we were water hunting and I pulled a NICE gold chain bracelet out of the lake!

HH!!!!!

Tori

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread