Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are there any videos out yet of it?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Frequency is 7.8 that's what fisher research labs commented back to me when I asked

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frequency is 7.8 that's what fisher research labs commented back to me when I asked

I saw that. And the price range is $230 to $349 for F44 Fisher said today. Makes me wonder if the F22 IS $229 or it's actually higher and the F11 is $229.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder how the 44 will compare to the Marko Racer it looks like it has more than the Racer being waterproof .. And i s about equal all other ways..

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Everything is up in the air and all speculation till they get into people's hands and we start seeing some real world reports and reviews.
I am assuming it will work great being a Fisher, or a combination of the new wave products and technology being put out by FTP, but I would still wait to see exactly how it works on the land and in the water before I sell the farm.
I will be using one for sites where I could be rained on and also land sites with beaches so I can go from soil to sand to water.
Very curious on what kind of coils fit this thing.
I am sure new ones with some kind of waterproof connection at the correct frequency will eventually be available, but if I get into the water the standard coil will be good enough.
I also own large and small coils for my F2 and F70.
If the connections are right for any of them even if the frequency is not optimum for hunting deep as long as I can get to the 5-6" level that would be fine with me because that is the average depth of most of my deepest targets.
Actually 4" would probably be ok for most of my needs.

All kinds of excited and I have hope these will be great, but no detector in my arsenal has to worry because none of them are going anywhere.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything is up in the air and all speculation till they get into people's hands and we start seeing some real world reports and reviews.
I am assuming it will work great being a Fisher, or a combination of the new wave products and technology being put out by FTP, but I would still wait to see exactly how it works on the land and in the water before I sell the farm.
I will be using one for sites where I could be rained on and also land sites with beaches so I can go from soil to sand to water.
Very curious on what kind of coils fit this thing.
I am sure new ones with some kind of waterproof connection at the correct frequency will eventually be available, but if I get into the water the standard coil will be good enough.
I also own large and small coils for my F2 and F70.
If the connections are right for any of them even if the frequency is not optimum for hunting deep as long as I can get to the 5-6" level that would be fine with me because that is the average depth of most of my deepest targets.

All kinds of excited and I have hope these will be great, but no detector in my arsenal has to worry because none of them are going anywhere.

I also notice people keep calling them 'waterproof'. Waterproof implies that they can be used for underwater hunting. They are not designed to be submerged, just to be resistant enough to handle being dropped in the water, or be used in the rain. I too am hopeful the connection is the same, I would think the coils would be at least compatible with my Omega being 7.8 kHz.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted elsewhere that the F5,19,ETP,G2,andGBP coils are compatible.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It's rare to see comments like this on true depth. I'm content, as well, with 6"-7" and could care less about digging a 12" signal.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For inland sites 8"-10" depth is the most i want to go on coin size objects, even on relatively easy to dig soils. For the beaches 6-8" is nothing, and digging a 12" deep hole in the beach sand is a walk in the park. However for us coastal and inland hunters we need a machine that can serve a multi-purpose role and at least hit a coin 10" inland and 10" in wet salty sand. Many of us are looking for a waterproof lightweight, digital,reasonably-deep, quick recovery speed detector. I hope this new fisher platform can deliver.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid for my F44 this morning. :) you guys had better get in line... lol You are really ?ing a Fisher product? :/

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid for my F44 this morning. :) you guys had better get in line... lol You are really ?ing a Fisher product? :/

I think people question whether Fisher will make a detector that competes with more expensive detectors in the Fisher/FTP line-up. FTP would be shooting themselves in the foot to sell a $350 detector with the performance of their $600 detectors. That being said, I think they may have hit it out of the park with the F44 & I will soon be in line to buy one, lol! I think it will be a great replacement for the F2 I just sold. After using an F2 for a few years, & now an Omega, I am completely sold on FTP products.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one one spoken for too.
Can't wait to see it perform.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The word from Gene is they air tested the 44 @ 10" coils will be interchangeable with some fisher coils can't use headphones in the rain jack not waterproof and coming out soon will be the Omega 8500:occasion14:

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm eager to hear what people think of these. Trying to decide on a first detector and the F44 has my interest.

I am with you but one of the things you said was "what people think of these". Troubling comments using terms like "entry level detector", "cheap beginners", and such makes a person who owns one feel like a second class hobbyist. I really noticed these comments on another new machine by minelab Go Find series and because it was plastic it seemed like it was being put in a class with toys. This may be why many who enjoy these great little detectors are not so verbal about their adventures with these machines. Myself, I am proud to be able to own and use these type of machines. I also have more expensive units but I believe that the F44 and pro find 60 will hold their own against some detectors costing hundreds of dollars more. Time will tell. E92FF, I think that a F44 would be a great machine for you whether it is your first or 15th.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with you but one of the things you said was "what people think of these". Troubling comments using terms like "entry level detector", "cheap beginners", and such makes a person who owns one feel like a second class hobbyist. I really noticed these comments on another new machine by minelab Go Find series and because it was plastic it seemed like it was being put in a class with toys. This may be why many who enjoy these great little detectors are not so verbal about their adventures with these machines. Myself, I am proud to be able to own and use these type of machines. I also have more expensive units but I believe that the F44 and pro find 60 will hold their own against some detectors costing hundreds of dollars more. Time will tell. E92FF, I think that a F44 would be a great machine for you whether it is your first or 15th.

When it comes to the Go-Find, the ad with the little kid on it makes me think it is geared toward kids or more entry level users. They don't have Etrac or CTX ads with little kids swinging them. I would never feel embarrassed swinging the F2, but I never got the impression from advertisements that it was geared toward kids. I would swing a BH Land Ranger Pro, but I might be embarrassed to swing a BH Junior (obviously meant for kids).

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am with you there i do not like the terms "entry level" "cheap beginners " ...I do not know why some like to use those type of comments.. To build there selves up or tear others down ??????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread