What's new

Fishing Net Weight?

TJE

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
1,159
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of quite few similar stones I've found here..Georgian Bay (Great Lakes). Ojibwa Native area. Pictured with a normal size apple appr 3 in. width. Any thoughts from more experienced folks in this field?
 

Attachments

  • 2013-11-29 17.15.52.webp
    2013-11-29 17.15.52.webp
    64 KB · Views: 165
  • 2013-11-29 17.16.38.webp
    2013-11-29 17.16.38.webp
    52 KB · Views: 157
  • 2013-11-29 17.17.31.webp
    2013-11-29 17.17.31.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 2013-11-29 17.18.35.webp
    2013-11-29 17.18.35.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Very possible
 
The hole does looked drilled, it was used for some type of weight. Nice find:icon_thumleft:
 
looks like the holes sharp edge has been eased after drilling too... odd but nice find! odd is good 8-)
 
Thanks r, oah and mr.
I'm curious, it weighs about 4-5 Lbs., did they have anchors with handmade rope for their birchbark canoes?
 
Thanks r, oah and mr.
I'm curious, it weighs about 4-5 Lbs., did they have anchors with handmade rope for their birchbark canoes?

I thought possible anchor weight but didnt know the size of it. You would think even if they didnt use it for the bottom they would of used it to help tie the canoe off to the shore.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom