gold fish
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Actually,this is how I got started with a metal detector. Fishing is my chosen religion, and in getting to some of my spots over the years, I noticed old foundations, or other suspiciousy stuff. So,out of a sense of natural curiosity,I started thinking about investigating. This led to my purchase of a bounty hunter at gander mtn,which,in turn led to the discovery of an 1840 half-dime(45 minutes into the woods, first time out.Something to be said for beginners luck!!!
),I'm trying to get a good pic for the "best-finds"thread. Anyway.....I still fish as much as possible,and it will always remain one of my passions.
),I'm trying to get a good pic for the "best-finds"thread. Anyway.....I still fish as much as possible,and it will always remain one of my passions.
Up north, go for northerns, bass, trout, walleye, and perch; down here in FL, mostly for bass though I get a little saltwater fishing in as well.
Flyfishing? Never did understand why anyone would fish for flies. I guess time's fun when you're having' flies. Actually, any kind of fishing' is fun. I prefere big fish. I have fished for everything imaginable and have caught fish from a few ounces to over 1,000 pounds. It's all good. Try jumping in the water with a knife after a shark. I did it once near Cape Charles, Virginia, back in the 70's. That was just before Jaws came out.







