What's new

Five Teeny Tiny Arrowheads From North Texas

Lone Star

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
497
Reaction score
934
Golden Thread
0
Location
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoyed the excruciating detail that you find on true arrowheads. Without the use of eyewear like glasses it never ceases to amaze me.
All of these are no longer than an inch, with thicknesses of 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch. The white Bonham is made from a flake. It's the second thinnest with the Alibates Caracara being the thinnest and the second gray Scallorn is a close third thinnest by a less than a 1/16 inch
After documenting, I keep all arrowheads (ie birdpoints) in coin folders to protect from damage and to allow easier handling when displayed.
 

Attachments

  • TX1410 c.webp
    TX1410 c.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 205
  • TX1412 c.webp
    TX1412 c.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 64
  • TX1411 c.webp
    TX1411 c.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 65
  • TX1414 c.webp
    TX1414 c.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 66
  • TX1413 c.webp
    TX1413 c.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 70
  • TX811d.webp
    TX811d.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
Congratulations on the tiny points!
 
I cut a bunch of arrow wood viburnum last Feb when the sap was down. I started working on making an arrow. The shaft is definitely a pain to make. I’m experimenting with heating and bending the shaft to get it straight.

IMG_3249.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom