Five weeks of skunky boxes, but.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I buy at least 2 boxes of halves per week, and have been skunked 5 weeks running. The last time I found silver in a MWR was July. I figured I needed to change up my game, so yesterday I asked around and found out that one of my banks now orders from Loomis (all my other banks use Brinks, which is what's been skunking me). My goal Saturday was to place orders from the Loomis banks.

I was able to order 2 boxes from 2 different banks, and got the the third just before closing time. Now this is normally one of my dump banks where I send in bags of cents (they proved unreliable when I used to send in halves - the count was always short, so I figured I couldn't lose too much with cent bags). Anyway, I hadn't been there in several months, but the teller still recognized me. "Not dropping off coins?" she said. I replied that I was there to order some instead, specifically half dollars. While she was figuring out if they could order them, the teller next to her says he's got $20 worth that I can have if I want. Mind you, I didn't ask for them, but of course gladly accepted.

Got to the car with my two rolls, and took a peek inside one. Clad on one end, but the other end sure looked silvery. Turned out to have 3 blast white 40%'ers!

I looked at the second roll, which wax taped on both ends, and see:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535941126.368242.jpg

Very faint, I see what looks like 1967-1969. Holding my breath, I open it up and find:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535941218.715195.jpg

SOLID ROLL OF SILVER!!!! My first in about 5 years! The writing wasn't quite accurate - there was a 1966 mixed in, but who's complaining?

Just goes to show you, when things aren't working out one way, switch things up!

HH!

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on dude!
Got my first solid roll in about 3 years last week too

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that was a nice bonus. Hey wait a minute... that looks like my handwriting! Just kidding. Nice snag!!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, but I have yet to ever find a solid roll be it dimes or halves. Nice haul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread