S.S.Tupperware
Hero Member
I have an RTG Royal that was cracking where the handle attaches to the basket... so I welded that back a few months ago. Then a week or 2 ago while in the water, I drove it in, and pulled back and the handle simply ripped at the weld for the lower handle. What a pisser, less than a year old
.
So I cut it down to the handle, went to Alro metals and picked up a piece of SS big enough to slip over the old handle... fit like a glove. Welded a bead around the bottom of the handle, and a lil more gusset welds where the handle attaches to the basket.
I was using a loaner Alum from a friend, and I did not like the way sand stuck in the basket. I am gonna be looking for a new scoop soon, any recommendations? I looked at one a fellow had on the beach and the straight handle is a deal breaker for me. I also have no problem pinpointing so I want some thing < 6" dia. No reason in scoopin more sand than I need. Lastly it has to be tough... at 6-1 230 I can put good pressure on one when its in the ground.
.
So I cut it down to the handle, went to Alro metals and picked up a piece of SS big enough to slip over the old handle... fit like a glove. Welded a bead around the bottom of the handle, and a lil more gusset welds where the handle attaches to the basket.
I was using a loaner Alum from a friend, and I did not like the way sand stuck in the basket. I am gonna be looking for a new scoop soon, any recommendations? I looked at one a fellow had on the beach and the straight handle is a deal breaker for me. I also have no problem pinpointing so I want some thing < 6" dia. No reason in scoopin more sand than I need. Lastly it has to be tough... at 6-1 230 I can put good pressure on one when its in the ground.
Upvote
0
Just ribbing you my friend.....







