What's new

Flat Button Find today - ID Needed

acm3

Full Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
119
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
0
Location
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and
Garrett pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Braved the wind and cold today and found this flat button in an area I have been finding 1700-1800 items. This button the word "PLATED" on the back and 3 small symbols. I know nothing about buttons. Any help in IDing and/or dating this would be great.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3030.webp
    IMG_3030.webp
    210.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3032.webp
    IMG_3032.webp
    287.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3035.webp
    IMG_3035.webp
    110.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3041.webp
    IMG_3041.webp
    154.6 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 8
I can't help on the age but I just dug one that said plated and had three characters on the opposite side but I could not make out I will be interested to find out a date a range too
 
My educated guess is 1820 - 1830
 
relic lover - can you post the pic of you button find on this thread? Love to see it.
 
My guess would be late 1700's to around 1820 or so. Just a guess, based on the shank style and the "plated" stamping on the backmark. I don't think they had backmarks on buttons much earlier than the late 1700's.
 
My guess is 1810-1820 manufacture date.
 
Great find I wish I had that kind of History here in MI Its funny how so many buttons are found by people. I cabt remember ever losing a button. I have found a couple older ones Great Find
 
Backmark were commonly used between 1820-1840's. It may be hard to nail down an exact date but it's in the ballpark anyways. Nice old site!
 
Very nice find.
If there is a place to get information on that button
Tnet is that place. Congrats
 
Here is mine. The 1/2 R was found with it.
 

Attachments

  • 1456010106599.webp
    1456010106599.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 1456010122201.webp
    1456010122201.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 87
Really small button
 
Thanks everyone! Nice finds relic lover!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom