Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am fortunate enough to live near the state fairgrounds where the flea market is open all year long on the weekends. Needless to say I visit it quite often. My wife hates it because she never knows what I will bring home next. :tongue3:
We bought a small house last year near my hometown in Indiana about a block off the lake, so I have been looking for things to decorate it with and to use. I love vintage items so I couldn't pass these up. I paid only $5.00 each for these antique wooden folding chairs, and $20 for the vintage aluminum Hamm's Beer cooler/seat from the same vendor. Not bad for $30 I thought. :thumbsup:
Still trying to find some of those vintage square style boat cushions with a design on them, but haven't found any yet. :dontknow:
Thanks for looking,
Junk Master Doug

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 924
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 761

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Love that old cooler man. I have a "Pink Diamond" and a Green "Steel Belted" Coleman coolers I am selling for $20.00 each so you got a good price on the Hamms.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Love that old cooler man. I have a "Pink Diamond" and a Green "Steel Belted" Coleman coolers I am selling for $20.00 each so you got a good price on the Hamms.

Thanks. Those vintage metal Coleman's bring a good price if they are in great condition. :thumbsup: They are about $150 each on the Coleman web page for the new repros.
-MM-

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
ModernMiner said:

Thanks. Those vintage metal Coleman's bring a good price if they are in great condition. :thumbsup: They are about $150 each on the Coleman web page for the new repros.
-MM-

These two aren't in perfect shape, but they aren't beat all to crap either. I got less than 3 bucks in both of them. The "Pink Diamond" has a "MAG LOCK" magnetic latch. I try to buy every old piece of Coleman gear I can get my hands on - lanterns, stoves, fuel cans, ect. Some folks actually use the stuff, but like you, a lot of them use these items for decor at their lake cabins. I live near Lake Burton in Northeast Georgia so I get a lot of that type of business. A few months ago I actually sold a bunch of vintage fishing lures to the head football coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide, Nick Saban. He has a VERY LARGE HOUSE on the lake. I wanted to tell him how bad I hate Alabama (GO DAWGS) but I needed to make the sale. I'm waiting for Ted Turner to stop in one day since he leases a very large stretch of river property for trout fishing.

Anyway, if that Hamms cooler was in my booth it would be retailing for much more than the two Colemans. Cool looking piece you got there.

:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:

-MM-

These two aren't in perfect shape, but they aren't beat all to crap either. I got less than 3 bucks in both of them. The "Pink Diamond" has a "MAG LOCK" magnetic latch. I try to buy every old piece of Coleman gear I can get my hands on - lanterns, stoves, fuel cans, ect. Some folks actually use the stuff, but like you, a lot of them use these items for decor at their lake cabins. I live near Lake Burton in Northeast Georgia so I get a lot of that type of business. A few months ago I actually sold a bunch of vintage fishing lures to the head football coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide, Nick Saban. He has a VERY LARGE HOUSE on the lake. I wanted to tell him how bad I hate Alabama (GO DAWGS) but I needed to make the sale. I'm waiting for Ted Turner to stop in one day since he leases a very large stretch of river property for trout fishing.

Anyway, if that Hamms cooler was in my booth it would be retailing for much more than the two Colemans. Cool looking piece you got there.

:icon_thumright:

Thanks hombre.
I knew the cooler was a great buy. She had $30 on it, but I offered $20. She had $10 each on the chairs, and then said $10 for both. :thumbsup:
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
I need to go to the flea market with you.

Come on over Dman. We'll put the American Pickers to shame. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rtde3 said:
Love the cooler M.M.!
When I was a kid my Grandparents owned a drive in diner in Mississippi.
The soda companies used to give them all kind of stuff like signs, thermometers, openers, coolers...
So we used to have a lot of that stuff around our house that got passed down. (Matter of fact I still have a RC cola thermometer from their drive in hanging in my garage.)
Anyway, we used to have his old Diet Rite Cola cooler just like the one below. We used it alot when us kids were growing up. We would travel in the summer and stop and eat at road side picnic tables at rest stops & parks... and I can still remember digging those old flat top soda cans out of that cooler. As we got older and that cooler got a little dinged up and the latch a little rusty we threw it away for a new plastic one. Now I wished I still had it along with some of the other things!

Rob,
Good memories. I remember stopping at those roadside picnic areas too and chowing down on a bucket of KFC. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread