What's new

Flea Market finds

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Decided to mix things up today, was a flea market in town so went to that for the hell of it. Something different to do on a nice 4th of July day. Wasn't really looking for coins, hadn't really considered find any...I was wrong :-p. Picked up a 481 series 5 Cent Military pay certificate and 9 1943 Steelies for $5. The vendor also had a bunch of Mexican coins and random tokens in a little box for $1.50 each, was sorting through and noticed this in it too:
S20190704_0001.webpS20190704_0002.webp
Looked it up, apparently they only made these from 1813-1815, so kinda cool catch I think.

Next booth had a lil bag of coins, got it for $2. All French:
S20190704_0012.webpS20190704_0013.webp
Got a 1919, 3 from 1934, a 1936, 38 an 1941

Next booth had this one in with a bunch of pins, got it for $0.25
S20190704_0003.webpS20190704_0004.webp

Another booth and found these for $1 each
S20190704_0005.webpS20190704_0006.webp
S20190704_0014.webpS20190704_0015.webp
S20190704_0007.webp

And then noticed a little case of Roman coins, and couldn't pass since "they just happened to be on sale"...
S20190704_0008.webpS20190704_0009.webp
S20190704_0010.webpS20190704_0011.webp

Now to attempt identification... To that end, anyone know of any good website to help?
 
Upvote 0
Rosco: on our TN network, Macadon will most like jump in here to help ID. He is very knowledgeable on foreign.
 
Rosco: on our TN network, Macadon will most like jump in here to help ID. He is very knowledgeable on foreign.

I figured them all out except the last "Roman" one. First "Roman" seems like a Polish coin from the 1660's. I gotta research prior to purchasing...
 
I need to start checking out those flea markets good job
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom