Florida Again

The folks over in the Gold panning and sluicing section are in desperate need of legal interpretation. They have quite the conversations concerning the laws and getting permission to use dredges, pans, high bankers, sluices and such. ....

Yes, it seems that venue of the hobby (nuggets/prospecting) has their share of hobbyists fretting things too.

So maybe it will end up just like it is for the coin/relic venue hobbyists: Those that grow a set and "just go" will find the nuggets. Those that sit around waiting for every last person on earth to love & adore them, will sit at home lamenting their restrictions.

Correct. And I can just see this getting picked up and put out as a link: That "non residents need a FL permit". That will worry some skittish people, who will start asking around on the net about this "permit". Other skittish people will confirm (because they saw it on the net afterall) that this is true. Those new threads will, in turn, spawn even more skittish people running around starting threads asking (can't be too safe afterall). And all the threads will start to cross-reference each other as "proof" of each other.

And 10 or 20 yrs. from now, everyone's gonna stop and say to themselves: "Says who?"

And it will Warnberg, back in 2017, who started the whole mess. But once the "I heard that such such" gets started, you can never put it to rest. So too do I wonder if that's not the genesis of a lot of such supposed laws (or ...at least, insane technicalities that never even occurred to any one) got started.

When I start getting names numbers and cc numbers I'll let you know...

Hahahahaha...

Good hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back