Florida beach laws seem to get more complicated the more I read .

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife decided this year to take our yearly beach vacation to Florida instead of North Carolina or Virginia. Sounded simple enough so I thought , book a condo or house and off I go detecting . Just like I have on every other vacation a little farther North . Then I get reading the laws concerning Treasure Coast and realized hunting in the water was off limits . In the water is where I have found most of my gold rings and where I prefer to hunt .
She had mentioned going to the Gulf side , seemed to be no "treasure" laws concerning detecting in the water . So I got looking at renting a place along the 30A . Now turns out there is a big issue with "private beaches" that has been in court . Wife likes to walk the beach , don't want to be stuck within a .1 mile area of the beach . Probably just stay at Panama City Beach and hunt it , this is just all more confusing than what I'm used to .
As far as east coast beaches , at what point north can I begin to hunt in the water ? I understand state / national parks are off limits . Im talking public areas .
Thanks

Upvote 2

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
It's legal to hunt from the shoreline to the dune line (DO NOT Detect in the dunes)
Most of the water has leases that have been leased.
I have seen many people detect in the water with no problem.

OP
OP
M

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's legal to hunt from the shoreline to the dune line (DO NOT Detect in the dunes)
Most of the water has leases that have been leased.
I have seen many people detect in the water with no problem.
At what point heading north , does the leases end and is water detecting legally allowed ?

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worst case scenario you can simply claim ignorance and beg for forgiveness. Meanwhile... all that precious sea gold will be safe in your pocket and nobody in a position of authority need be wise to it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the top of Beach forum is my thread on the location of the lease sites Florida has about 650 miles of beaches and only about 30-40 miles or so is restricted.

Here is link to the thread in this same forum.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the top of Beach forum is my thread on the location of the lease sites Florida has about 650 miles of beaches and only about 30-40 miles or so is restricted.

Here is link to the thread in this same forum.
And Treasure Hunter has detected 600 of them :)

:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread