What's new

Fly Overs

WannaDig3687

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
23,801
Reaction score
112,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright, I confess. I haven't learned the lesson that I need to put the camera around my neck like it is part of my every day attire. So these aren't very good pics, but I wanted to share that we had some military action fly over us last evening. I'm not going to pretend I know the nomenclature. I had my camera set on bird watching taking continuous shots. I didn't post them all here, but it is kind of cool scrolling through the pics on my laptop.


chopper1.webp

chopper2.webp

chopper3.webp

chopper4.webp

chopper5.webp

chopper6.webp


Then, I switched over to the moon shot setting. I have a question for you. The skies were blue. The sun was still up. Why did the pic come out with a black background?

moon.webp

Thanks for looking!

~Sis
 
Well, from my non scientific mind, the sky is really black just like night time. The air, sunlight, and humidity give it that blue look. I am sure you have noticed on a real low humidity day the sky is a much darker blue. Perhaps your camera filters out even more at the moon shot setting. ???
 
Hey sis,873.webp here's a fly over 4 U :) (C-7 Aircraft) .Steadied the camera against a light post.
 
Nice. I need to learn that trick too!
 
804.webp
F-15s / F-18s ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom