Flying Cormorants and rain soaked eagle.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cormorant.JPG Cormorant2.JPG Eagle in Sycamore.JPG

I don't know if these Cormorants are passing through in a migration or maybe here for the season, but I have been seeing more and more of them lately. The eagle is one that hangs around a nearby nest. It is on the river bank at an elevation lower than the road where I take pictures of it, but other trees make it hard for auto focus to pick through the brush:BangHead:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1436204 View attachment 1436205 View attachment 1436206

I don't know if these Cormorants are passing through in a migration or maybe here for the season, but I have been seeing more and more of them lately. The eagle is one that hangs around a nearby nest. It is on the river bank at an elevation lower than the road where I take pictures of it, but other trees make it hard for auto focus to pick through the brush:BangHead:

I spruced this up a bit..it's worthy of it .

Eagle in Sycamore.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday around 5:45 pm, I took the dogs for a walk around the open space behind me. Next to the cattail marsh is a small grove of plains cottonwoods. I saw these two spotted mid size raptors land in the tops of cottonwoods and just as I was walking past the cattails and listening to all the redwings blackbirds, I saw one of those raptors glide in a direct line from the top of the tree towards the redwing blackbirds. All of the male redwings took off first and scattered in all directions and that raptor dropped down inside the cattail marsh and out came a whole flock of female redwings making all kinds of ruckus as they came flying out of the marsh. I sat and watched expecting to see a female redwring victim in the talons of the raptor, but it came out empty handed. I got home to see what that raptor was and found it to be a Cooper's Hawk. Watching all that made me cringe a little thinking some redwing was going to die before my very eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread