What's new

Flying Eagle, Indians, silver and farthing.

65vanman

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
456
Reaction score
3,099
Golden Thread
0
Location
Meriden CT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab manticore/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Went to the farm fields on Wednesday and I found a 1858 flying Eagle, one wheat and memorial cents, two buttons, buckle and a religious pendant etc.
1000001541.webp
1000001542.webp
Saturday I found a1864 and a 1872 indians, 1899 v-nickel, 1911 wheat cent, two buttons, skeleton key, three buckles, two glass bottle stoppers etc.
1000001544.webp
1000001547.webp
Today I found a 1912 barber dime on the surface, 1832 king William the IV farthing, one memorial cent, gold plated ring, two buckles etc.
1000001548.webp
1000001549.webp
 
Upvote 24
I Went to the farm fields on Wednesday and I found a 1858 flying Eagle, one wheat and memorial cents, two buttons, buckle and a religious pendant etc.View attachment 2265923View attachment 2265924Saturday I found a1864 and a 1872 indians, 1899 v-nickel, 1911 wheat cent, two buttons, skeleton key, three buckles, two glass bottle stoppers etc.View attachment 2265925View attachment 2265926Today I found a 1912 barber dime on the surface, 1832 king William the IV farthing, one memorial cent, gold plated ring, two buckles etc. View attachment 2265927View attachment 2265930
Those are some quality finds! Congrats to you.
 
So far this year there's been 22 silver coins over 60 coins total and several interesting relics. And there's around 25 or more aces that I have not searched yet.
 
Outstanding Performance ….
That’s a boat load of recoveries..
Congratulations on your success
 
So far this year there's been 22 silver coins over 60 coins total and several interesting relics. And there's around 25 or more aces that I have not searched yet.
When you say you’re “hunting fields” are you on old house sites or are you out on farm ground in the middle of the fields? I hunt old house sites in ground now farmed but I’ve never just headed out in the fields and hunted randomly. Maybe I should??
 
So far this year there's been 22 silver coins over 60 coins total and several interesting relics. And there's around 25 or more aces that I have not searched yet.
Congrats on the silver and coppers from the few hunts.
The silver to copper ratio is great. Around my parts the ratio for homestead/field hunting is not even half of your ratio.
 
When you say you’re “hunting fields” are you on old house sites or are you out on farm ground in the middle of the fields? I hunt old house sites in ground now farmed but I’ve never just headed out in the fields and hunted randomly. Maybe I should??
The old houses are still there they date back to 1708-1800s.in front of the fields. The fields go back to the CT River almost a quarter of a mile. I hunt all of them. People have been picking crops for over 300 years so they lost a lot of stuff. You should definitely hunt the fields. You never know what you will find.
 
Congrats on the silver and coppers from the few hunts.
The silver to copper ratio is great. Around my parts the ratio for homestead/field hunting is not even half of your ratio.
I have been detecting for 26 years and my silver ratio to all other coins I found is pretty good. So far I found 2439 coins. And 1499 are silver coins. I don't count clad or wheat cents for my grand total. So far I cashed in $4249.15 in clad. And I found over 2000 wheat cents.
 
I have been detecting for 26 years and my silver ratio to all other coins I found is pretty good. So far I found 2439 coins. And 1499 are silver coins. I don't count clad or wheat cents for my grand total. So far I cashed in $4249.15 in clad. And I found over 2000 wheat cents.
I am not understanding this correctly I think. Are you saying that the 2439 coin total, is not including clad or wheat cents? If so I guess those numbers make a lot more sense.
 
I am not understanding this correctly I think. Are you saying that the 2439 coin total, is not including clad or wheat cents? If so I guess those numbers make a lot more sense.
The 2439 coins are indians,large cent,coppers,Buffalo nickels,v- nickels, two cents, etc. No clad or wheats in that total.
 
I Went to the farm fields on Wednesday and I found a 1858 flying Eagle, one wheat and memorial cents, two buttons, buckle and a religious pendant etc.View attachment 2265923View attachment 2265924Saturday I found a1864 and a 1872 indians, 1899 v-nickel, 1911 wheat cent, two buttons, skeleton key, three buckles, two glass bottle stoppers etc.View attachment 2265925View attachment 2265926Today I found a 1912 barber dime on the surface, 1832 king William the IV farthing, one memorial cent, gold plated ring, two buckles etc. View attachment 2265927View attachment 2265930
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom