What's new

Fob Seal and Co.

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
859
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out for a hunt with Ace today. The detecting gods never blessed us with any silver, but we still found a few keepers. I tried to put him on a silver oldie, but hey, you guys know how it goes. :unhappysmiley:


Fob Seal! :headbang: I can't make out the monogram.








1864 Nova Scotia One Cent, 1908 Indian, Musketball, Pin and Pendants, Plated Bling





Happy hunting.
 
Upvote 8
Nice finds - I especially like the Fob Seal - they fascinate me.
It looks like Silver - is it?
If you could provide a good close-up pic of the seal, I would like to help decipher the monogram.
Alternatively, impress the seal into something like soft dough; it might make better sense.

Cheers, Mike
 
1 casper2Z.webp
 
The fob should clean up nice with lemon juice, then you can make an impression.
 
After the lemon juice. Monogram is "H M". :)



 
Very nice hunt, that FOB seal cleaned up well.
 
After the lemon juice. Monogram is "H M". :)

HM - Cool. A very personal link to someone's past. Even better if you are able to research local history for possible provenance.
With the cleaning, it now looks more like gold plated (with some wear)?

Edit: I just found your Hi-Res pic and notice the hint of Copper in the base metal. It still looks like Gold plated.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom