Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I went to the creek I posted about yesterday for a short hunt. I used the manticore, settings were all terrain low conductor, recovery speed 3 and sensitivity 21. I hunted across from side to side and gridded the areas I highlighted on the map. Almost all targets were on inside of the bends where the current slowed down. Much to my surprise all of the bottle caps were close to the middle of the creek in faster moving water. The find of the day was the 14k gold earring, it rang up a solid 8 in both directions. The ring marked 925 sounded like a large aluminum twist off cap and rang up a 60. the copper bracelet the numbers were all over the place.
I did find 2 pairs of no name sunglasses that I gave to a couple that were living under the bridge in a van a long with their dog. I met them yesterday while I was scoping the creek out. I didn’t forget the dog I brought him a box of treats This morning.
so my clad ended up being 5 quarters, 3 dimes, 5 nickels and 9 Pennie’s.
I have lots to learn about hunting creeks but I really enjoyed it and will probably go back after this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_4144.jpeg
    IMG_4144.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4145.jpeg
    IMG_4145.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4146.jpeg
    IMG_4146.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4149.jpeg
    IMG_4149.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4148.jpeg
    IMG_4148.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
Upvote 12

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Looks like Modelo really is out-selling Bud Light! 5 to 1
That is an interesting bracelet. Congrats

TreaShore

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (since 2012)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and silver. What more is there to ask for. Well... some platinum too I guess.

wuteverdude

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2023
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Manticore/Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Dave, I have hunted this exact same spot once. I live down in Gulfport not far from it. I have tried it one time and didn't find much but a modern coin spill and trash. If you every want a buddy to hunt it with, let me know!

I should add, the spots under the bridge are usually packed with people and kids, but the college students from perk I've noticed tend to go upstream a bit around that bend to hang out. Where that larger sand bar is and the next one past it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread