What's new

Fools gold selling on e-bay buyers beware.

Jimmy@romega

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
rome, ga
Fool's gold selling on e-bay buyer's beware.

I would like to alert all the ebayer's out there that some of the coins are not genuine as describe. Recently I've got caught up accidently buying a "fake" mini gold coin which I kinda regret. I'm on ebay alot and usually do the last minute biddin and came across these coins. "buy gold now gold is on the rise!" Hell it was just a few bucks 2 or 3 minutes to go so I place a bid and later on read up on these coins and realized they are not really pure gold at all. Just gold plated brass but the sellers won't tell ya that they just let you know it's (hge) gold. Also they say it's .5 grams and the size of the pencil. A few of them are listed as st.gauden's, standing liberty, morgans, peace, just avoid them. IMO they probably worth .10 cents and they are selling them for around 3.00 each or 35.00 for 50 of them.
 
Re: Fool's gold selling on e-bay buyer's beware.

Thanks for the info. At least you only lost a few bucks.
 
Re: Fool's gold selling on e-bay buyer's beware.

I saw them, too. Says they are the size of a pencil erasure. Didn't figure I needed something that tiny.
 
Re: Fool's gold selling on e-bay buyer's beware.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Fool's gold selling on e-bay buyer's beware.

good tip thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom