Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hope they weren't all on the same foot. Common sandals is what I wear on the dry and wet.

In the water, its my heavy duty dive boots. (hooks, forks, glass, rays ETC.)

You might also try wearing a pair of light cotton socks with your footwear.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting a red tide infection on my left foot from wearing shoes in the water and getting a abrasion from the sand,thats how the red tide bacteria got into my skin.I now dont wear shoes,just barefoot.And the state of florida FWC didnt even know there was red tide in new smyrna beach at that time in September.To be on the safe side no matter where you go in the water.Just dont have any open cuts or sores on your feet or legs or whatever part of your body that will get wet.You never know what kind of bacteria is in the water.For those people here that wade around in some nasty river water,i suggest you have all your shots updated.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Re: Footwear? From another Charlotte Area Pirate

I just bought a Pair of Merrell---s off of e bay and saved about 20 %. These are lightweight Sandles. I did have to modify the strap at the back that uses Velcro. I use a Babbs Water Scoop and when the target is deep in the wet sand, I have to put alot of pressure on the back strap. I took some 10 lb fishing line and sewed the strap to the velco on both sides, but now use the middle strap in front of the ankle to get the sandle off and on.. I also wear socks since I also loose blister skin from the rubbing of straps. These are also sold where you can find Hush Puppy Shoes ( old style ) Normally sell for $ 80.00 a pair, but lite weight and sturdy. My last S C Beach finds

Attachments

• folly beach 2.jpg.JPG
    folly beach 2.jpg.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 208
  • folly beach 2.jpg.JPG
    folly beach 2.jpg.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 210
  • MRL-W82055-042009 merrell sandals.jpg
    MRL-W82055-042009 merrell sandals.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 150

JUNKMAGNET

Greenie
Aug 3, 2006
i have used tusa and akona diving boots / reef boots they last for 3-4 seasons if you take care of them . they have like a sneaker sole on a neoprene wetsuit material boot . ez on ez off very comfortable and protect from stings and glass etc. just search for diving boots on ebay . a quality pair will cost around 35 -50 dollars .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to wear my dive boots and started to wear fishermans wading boots, the ones that ya wear with stocking foot waders. They are more heavy duty than the dive boots and better for walking long distances and I wear them with socks for comfort.

Attachments

• Cabela\'s Boot.jpg
    Cabela\'s Boot.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 141

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread