What's new

for the wildlife people...

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
405
Golden Thread
0
I was detecting along an old wagon road, in the woods and came across this pile of bones. I imagine it's an owl pellet, or deposit from other means :icon_scratch:....but what are these little 'bones'? they are kinda neat, I think I might go back after the rest, and use them in some natural sculpture. If they aren't too disgusting. does anyone know what they are?

thanks for looking
naturegirl
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    44 KB · Views: 348
turtle shell fragments?
 
Upvote 0
I wondered about turtle shell of some kind. And i wonder if the leg bones were from the same animal. Kinda large for an owl to have digested. don't think they are snake scales of any kind. really feel like bone/calcium. Not really close to water.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom