Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In mid July of this year I was sitting here wishing the streams were running to get some prospecting in and of course this didn't happen I started looking into metal detectors I've owned metal detectors in the past but was noticing they seemed to have come a long way from the 70's and the 80's.
Somehow I came across the bounty hunter brand by First Texas I started looking into the Ace line by Garrett and some other well known's in the detector circles I spent well over a month deciding on rather or not to bother with getting into to metal detecting again and the price of some of these detectors is enough to throw anyone off!
I went from looking into the lone star the land star then I decided I would download the manual to the quick draw II I viewed all of the 3 or 4 video's of this detector that are on Youtube one of the fellows who was using the quick draw said it really reminded him of the Ace250.
With that in mind I decided on the quick draw II but also decided I wanted to research metal detectors more deeply than just buying one I proceeded over two weeks watching video's of detectors that were way out of the league of my spending budget and I'm glad I did this as it gave me an idea of the depth of the majority of targets being found with these detectors.
I also learned real quick that these detectors were just as prone to giving dodgy signals and just as able of finding trash and pull tabs,and before it gets started I'm not out to talk anyone's fan boy beliefs down to each his own if you had upwards of $1500.00+ to spend on a metal detector good for you!
I then took into account what I wanted to detect for where I would be able to use this detector and what the detector was capable of and ordered it mine came with the pin pointer and carry bag which is too short for those who do not want to take their coil off every time they store their detector.
Once it arrived I set out to test it I'd had plenty of time to go over the owners manual before I even ordered it watched a video on the land star which gave me more information on the features of the quick draw so everything came together fast (or quick) this detector will find a quarter buried 8 inches in the ground and at that depth gives a good solid signal and reads solid as a quarter but this along with clad dimes seems to be the extent of its accuracy.
In all modes my quick draw reads wheat pennies as dime mercury dimes read as dollar or half dollar targets once again in all modes the smaller the target the less it is with depth accuracy on several occasions I've noticed it wants to lock up and not recover or zero out its readings on a target no matter what I have to reset the detector mode and what I've had it dialed to thought this only seems to happen on junk hits.
In ending I've only found junk so far with this detector the pin pointer works well it does pick up targets the read out for coin denominations is sort of dodgy on older coins but quite accurate on clad coins my advice to anyone looking to buy the quick draw II is pretty much what you'll hear about any metal detector buy headphones.
All that I can say is what I've experienced so far using this detector it finds whats there and doesn't find what isn't there price wise well it was within the budget I had to spend its performed as advertized though I believe as with all metal detector companies there's a little more hype and fluff to what they say than there really is in reality but my expectations weren't set too high either.
Hope this has helped and HH.

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the QD II for 13-14 years and actually upgraded to a 505 because of my success with it. I know its not much of an upgrade but have found the 505 to be worth what I paid for it and am enjoying learning the new machine. Someday I will upgrade again to something I can use in the wet sand at our ocean beaches but until I can save (find) thousands of pennies I will be happily using a Bounty Hunter machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread