Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Walk me through this.... because I've used this software a handful of times and I'm not impressed. Help me figure out why you guys love this thing so much.

I thought I'd give it a shot again this morning, so I found a map from 1876 that has done well for me in the past, and I put 35 points on it matched up with the satellite image. Each point I put in is 50 yards or more off, and I have to move it around to line it up. I get that nothing is going to be 100% dead on, but a lot of times it's coming down to being on the opposite side of a highway, on a different property owner's land. The other issue I see is that, from what other people are saying, it's supposed to get more accurate the more points you put on it. I don't see that happening at all. The best I can see it doing for me so far is giving me such a large area to hunt that it would take multiple property owner contacts and probably a couple of days just to scout it out.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that really as good as it gets? If so, I'm going to stick to my other methods of finding old places, but I do want to give it a fair shake first since everybody raves about it so much.

Upvote 0

metal.mulisha

Aug 11, 2012
Man it’s the best tool ever for walking up to old houses if you have old topi maps. Old typos have dots where houses were. Ant the roads have been straightened out now. But basically there are places and some intersections that hasn’t changed. You align those points. When your done you overlay it with today’s map. Save map and download app on your phone. Then login and find your map. Shows your location on the old map with a blue dot and wallah go to the old sites with gps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread