Sheldon J
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2009
- Messages
- 900
- Reaction score
- 600
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Battle Creek, Mi
- Detector(s) used
- Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
- #1
Thread Owner
So long version here I have been fortunate enough when in AZ to have been taught a few things by the BTDT crew in the area, what to look for, what to avoid, you know the good advice of the old guys...
So BOT literally a few days back we were in Vermont on the 91 cruising to our destination when I go "WOW LOOK AT THAT!" it was a very nice quartz outcropping right on the edge of the highway where they carved the mountain for a better road grade and fill, and that despite my 65 mph drive by looked like a good spot to have a closer look around.
So for any of you locals out there, I hear of your panning for gold in the rivers and stream beds, but you need to look a little higher, to be precise on the west side of the road between the 34-35 mile marker, and maybe between the 38-39, but definitely the 34-35.
So BOT literally a few days back we were in Vermont on the 91 cruising to our destination when I go "WOW LOOK AT THAT!" it was a very nice quartz outcropping right on the edge of the highway where they carved the mountain for a better road grade and fill, and that despite my 65 mph drive by looked like a good spot to have a closer look around.
So for any of you locals out there, I hear of your panning for gold in the rivers and stream beds, but you need to look a little higher, to be precise on the west side of the road between the 34-35 mile marker, and maybe between the 38-39, but definitely the 34-35.







