Forgot My Photos <<He Punts!!! He Scores!!!>>

O

Ole Mole

Forgot My Photo's <<He Punts!!! He Scores!!!>>

Well first off I forgot to add my photo's (Total Newb as you can tell) so I thought that I would delete my old post and try it again with the pics.

Well I went back to the area that I had first detected back 26 years ago and tried my attempts at finding some hidden treasures. Boy it sure was nice back 26 years ago as the stuff I found then was on top of the ground.
I dug up the Football charm at less than 2 inches. I almost did not see it as it was earth tone and looked like an acorn cap. Once I started to wipe off a bit I thought that it might be a bell as I was looking at it from the bottom and the place I was hunting did have the old style bandstand like you would see in Mayberry. Got it home and started soaking it in warm water and the detail started to become more prominent. I am thinking that it may be gold plated, but am not quite sure.
Went to my parents rental properties and dug the 1930 Wheatie again less than 2 inches from along the drive way. It looks red in color with no mint mark.
Wish I could get my pictures to turn out a bit better and if anyone has any pointers on taking better photo's I would appreciate it.

By the way I am still trying to find my finds from 26 years ago and when I do I will post them.

HH

Attachments

• Football & 1930 Wheatie (1) A.jpg
    Football & 1930 Wheatie (1) A.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Football & 1930 Wheatie A.jpg
    Football & 1930 Wheatie A.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Ole Mole

Re: Forgot My Photo's <<He Punts!!! He Scores!!!>>

Thanks for looking.

I'm guessing it to be from the 40's or 50's. If anyone has any idea to age I would like to hear.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Mole, those pictures are beautiful. Can't get much better than that. ;)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

The football charm is interesting,and I always love finding wheaties as well. Congratulations and the photos are clear and look great. :)

P

peterjl

mole I think you're penny is valuable? because it has not mint mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread