Forgot My Shovel but Lots of Flat Buttons and My Second Tombac button from 1830s Farm

NorILdigcollector

Sep 23, 2015
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a couple hours at the 1830s site this afternoon. I felt pretty stupid when I got there and realized I forgot to bring a shovel. Fortunately I found a screwdriver to dig with which was pretty difficult. Since it was so hard to dig I stuck to the signals above 54 on the AT Pro.
The Large buttons with the leaves match though one has fire damage and is missing the shank. I now have three of these buttons from this site. I also found my first Tombac Button for this site making it my second one ever. It has a spun back and is white. I really like the one with the stars.
20221030_224039.jpg
20221030_224104.jpg
20221030_214636.jpg

Upvote 13

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a couple hours at the 1830s site this afternoon. I felt pretty stupid when I got there and realized I forgot to bring a shovel. Fortunately I found a screwdriver to dig with which was pretty difficult. Since it was so hard to dig I stuck to the signals above 54 on the AT Pro.
The Large buttons with the leaves match though one has fire damage and is missing the shank. I now have three of these buttons from this site. I also found my first Tombac Button for this site making it my second one ever. It has a spun back and is white. I really like the one with the stars.
View attachment 2053137 View attachment 2053138 View attachment 2053139
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on getting the nice little buttons, always like when they have a design on them.

I think we all do it once in awhile-anxious to get out and to dig some dirt then forgetting a tool.
Just did it 10 days ago myself-site was close enough to turn around, and go back to grab it.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey I love those buttons! I’m forever forgetting to bring something along with me on a dig. The latest was my pinpointer.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey I love those buttons! I’m forever forgetting to bring something along with me on a dig. The latest was my pinpointer.
Been there-done that-grab soil-wave at coil-beep-no target-more waving/beeping-dah=wearing gold band in glove. :laughing7:

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two buttons with designs really stand out. They don't makem like that anymore :)

I remember traveling to England, visiting friends, brought my detector, I couldn't bring my digger which looked knife-like on the plane so I bought a kitchen utensil while there....which gave my friends a good laugh when I showed up with that to dig with...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread