Forrest Fenn s treasure

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, first time poster, but a long history of family treasure hunting.

I have not personally searched for the treasure, other than armchair brainstorming, but my instincts point to a specific geological feature. The problem is such features are located in many known and unknown areas. Like everyone else, it's a fun guess only.

One thing many FF treasure hunters forget is the location setting vs. rights to the treasure. Given Fenn's history with the Fed's, I seriously doubt he left it on Federal Land, as I believe it becomes public domain if claimed. I'm not sure about State rules in individual states. So given how smart he is, it's likely it was placed in an area where the finder would retain the rights to the treasure minus any local or states taxes or claims. In fact, he may have moved it at some point.

Just a thought.

Chance

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Or he may be holding it for 'safe keeping' until enough books are sold to 'justify' it being found. Hay maybe he is waiting for a movie offer where it will be found. Just wondering thru his mind.
Frank...- five star.png
111-1 profileblk.jpg

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have not personally searched for the treasure, other than armchair brainstorming, but my instincts point to a specific geological feature. The problem is such features are located in many known and unknown areas. Like everyone else, it's a fun guess only.

One thing many FF treasure hunters forget is the location setting vs. rights to the treasure. Given Fenn's history with the Fed's, I seriously doubt he left it on Federal Land, as I believe it becomes public domain if claimed. I'm not sure about State rules in individual states. So given how smart he is, it's likely it was placed in an area where the finder would retain the rights to the treasure minus any local or states taxes or claims. In fact, he may have moved it at some point.

Just a thought.

Chance

It is true that is a big issue. But we can only have either a private area or public area.However the public area can be different ,it could be national park or just a public area which may have different law interpretation as far as treasure finds... The issue with Private lands is clear. But I think Fenn said he will not involve in such debates...I guess he left it up to the finder to sort it out. Also I think he expressed an interest to buy some items back-- at least one silver bracelet...

tintin treasure

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just a thought.

Chance

It is true that is a big issue. But we can only have either a private area or public area.However the public area can be different ,it could be national park or just a public area which may have different law interpretation as far as treasure finds... The issue with Private lands is clear. But I think Fenn said he will not involve in such debates...I guess he left it up to the finder to sort it out. Also I think he expressed an interest to buy some items back-- at least one silver bracelet...

tintin treasure

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d

tintin treasure

Makes zero difference where it's found SOMEONE is going to say it is theirs. Keeping quiet is the only way to keep it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
You know, I get a laugh hearing that claim of solving the 'poem' but I won't tell you.
There is someone posting on this thread that has actually solved the 'poem'. He showed me his findings for my evaluation and there is no way all his conclusions fit together by accident. He has solved the 'poem', but alas it does not give the location but merely provides more 'clues'. Yep, when Fenn set this up he did not have a fast recovery in mind, but merely strung out publicity for his book and possibly movie ventures. By the way you guys are way off base on some of your conclusions.I will not give you the answer to the 'poem' because it is not my work. I will leave that up to the originator of the conclusion. Frank...- five star.png
Z chest.jpg

Attachments

• 111-2 de Vinci.jpg
    111-2 de Vinci.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 168

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
So now you have your starting point..... I guess that means non believers will no longer post?

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I get a laugh hearing that claim of solving the 'poem' but I won't tell you.
There is someone posting on this thread that has actually solved the 'poem'. He showed me his findings for my evaluation and there is no way all his conclusions fit together by accident. He has solved the 'poem', but alas it does not give the location but merely provides more 'clues'. Yep, when Fenn set this up he did not have a fast recovery in mind, but merely strung out publicity for his book and possibly movie ventures. By the way you guys are way off base on some of your conclusions.I will not give you the answer to the 'poem' because it is not my work. I will leave that up to the originator of the conclusion. Frank...- View attachment 1042658
View attachment 1042660

Sounds interesting as I am also one of the people who claimed to have solved the poem:) (But in my case also the location. My problem is going to USA at this time...). You are right it is up to the person to post his thoughts or not..

tintin treasure

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
There is someone posting on this thread that has actually solved the 'poem'. He showed me his findings for my evaluation and there is no way all his conclusions fit together by accident. He has solved the 'poem', but alas it does not give the location but merely provides more 'clues'. Yep, when Fenn set this up he did not have a fast recovery in mind, but merely strung out publicity for his book and possibly movie ventures. By the way you guys are way off base on some of your conclusions.I will not give you the answer to the 'poem' because it is not my work. I will leave that up to the originator of the conclusion. Frank...- View attachment 1042658
View attachment 1042660
Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't YOU doing the EXACT same thing YOU complain non stop about? IE people saying they know where it is and have solved the poem...... I never said you posted an unintelligent comment, you do post non facts is all I have said and I try to give you the CORRECT facts.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't YOU doing the EXACT same thing YOU complain non stop about? IE people saying they know where it is and have solved the poem...... I never said you posted an unintelligent comment, you do post non facts is all I have said and I try to give you the CORRECT facts.

OK:correction
I didn't say I know where it is and I didn't say I solved it!
I did not say you posted an unintelligent comment.
Frank...- five star.png

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Sounds interesting as I am also one of the people who claimed to have solved the poem:) (But in my case also the location. My problem is going to USA at this time...). You are right it is up to the person to post his thoughts or not..

tintin treasure

Well tintin, What state do you think it is in? Frank...- five star.png

uriline

Greenie
Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and looked for this treasure. I took into consideration all the clues in the poem as well as the clues given and the fact that I was sure Mr Fenn would not have gone too far from home being as he was sick at the time. I felt, begin it where warm waters halt might mean the Rio Caliente, (Hot Water in Spanish) The Caliente runs into the Chama river. Chama in Portuguese means Flame (If you see the blaze). Also in the area there is a large electric transfer station. (Heavy loads) and an area where there is irrigation channels above the river, Waters high. The Chama canyon is at just over 5000 ft. and going towards the Church of Christ in the desert there is a couple of brown toilets for campers to use. (Home of Brown) Well mine is anyway.... I did not find the treasure but I did find the TREASURE the area is beautiful and I spent a few days camped at Echo Campground which was gorgeous. It was a long drive from Ca but I had a great adventure even stopping at Chaco Canyon on my way home. I am grateful to Mr Fenn for providing me the kick in the pants to get out and look at this great area of NM and I would go again. Good luck to anyone who is out there looking or wanting to look but please take it for what it is worth, a grand adventure.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and looked for this treasure. I took into consideration all the clues in the poem as well as the clues given and the fact that I was sure Mr Fenn would not have gone too far from home being as he was sick at the time. I felt, begin it where warm waters halt might mean the Rio Caliente, (Hot Water in Spanish) The Caliente runs into the Chama river. Chama in Portuguese means Flame (If you see the blaze). Also in the area there is a large electric transfer station. (Heavy loads) and an area where there is irrigation channels above the river, Waters high. The Chama canyon is at just over 5000 ft. and going towards the Church of Christ in the desert there is a couple of brown toilets for campers to use. (Home of Brown) Well mine is anyway.... I did not find the treasure but I did find the TREASURE the area is beautiful and I spent a few days camped at Echo Campground which was gorgeous. It was a long drive from Ca but I had a great adventure even stopping at Chaco Canyon on my way home. I am grateful to Mr Fenn for providing me the kick in the pants to get out and look at this great area of NM and I would go again. Good luck to anyone who is out there looking or wanting to look but please take it for what it is worth, a grand adventure.
seems you found what you were supposed to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread