Fors Core

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to have mine by the end of the week. Really looking forward to trying out the small coil in some really bad sites. Square nail heaven. I managed to pull a few wheats with the Deus and two barbers and more wheats with the CTX and 6" coil.

Hoping the smaller coil will get between the nails better. Time will tell.

Any of you guys that want a big coil give me a shout. My shoulder and elbow want like it.

TL

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Congrats on a fine machine Texas.Having used the Velox your already aware of the Nokta Quality :thumbsup:.(You are texastigerdigs on you tube right?)I will be looking forward to your Video review.I really enjoy your video's btw.Thanks for taking the time to post and film. Jim T

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Jim but you have me mixed up with someone else.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
My bad..the congrats still stands!I use the Velox one and the Fors Core myself.AWesome machines!.looking forward to your thoughts when it arrives.HH Jim

zumx

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is difference from fors core and v1 ?
which one is better in untouched land ?
and last how these 2 compare to xp deus basic been same price ?
thanks

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First stay away from velox 1. Go FORS core instead if going Nokta route and make sure you get the pro pack package in order to get the small coil. . The Core unit is better unmasker than velox unit. As far as differences between FORS unit and Deus. For starters 2lbs weight, Deus being the lighter. The Deus operated on 4 different freq with one being selected at a time.
FORS unit operates on single 15 khz. The Deus has the advantage in iron over CORS unit until you place the small coil on FORS unit. As far as recovery speed goes, Deus clear winner and remember recovery speed is adjustable. But remember the small coil on FORS offsets the lack in recovery speed, plus the small coil doesn't get saturated as easily in the iron. Fewer overall adjustments on FORS unit but it still performs well. FORS has a 2 year warranty, Deus 5 yesr warranty. Besides the small coil advantage for the FORS unit the other significant advantage is the FORS unit seems to provide better TID numbers overall and at depth. And this better TID really shows itself when using the FORS unit with small coil when hunting in trashy yards i.e. Both are very good units. I don't believe you'd being going in the wrong direction no matter which one you decide to purchase. good luck

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the FORS and had the DEUS. You can find stuff all day long with either detector. So the real question is what kind of detector do you want to find stuff with all day long?

The machines are exact opposites physically. DEUS is half the weight, control box, coils, and headphones are rechargeable, entire system is wireless. You have limited, very expensive coil options with DEUS. FORS is old school, four AA batteries, wired coils, standard headphones. You can get both smaller coils or larger coils than for DEUS at less than half the cost per coil.

If you like having extreme versatility of adjustments the DEUS allows for the selection of many options. These can be saved as programs. One of many things you can customize a lot on the DEUS is tone options. There are preset programs to get you going but learning the machine can take quite a bit of time. A common criticism of the DEUS is it is hard to master.

FORS is very basic, more turn on and go. Most people will either choose from the preset two tone or three tone options, ground balance, and go. A common criticism of the FORS is it is too basic, not enough tone options.

Look very hard at the settings available for both. I highly recommend you download and read the owners manuals for both detectors. It may simply come down to whether the DEUS offers features you want that the FORS lacks. Or it may be FORS has all you need. Do you like lots of options, or basic settings?

For me basic is fine, but mainly I am a fan of small coils and there currently is no small coil option for the DEUS. If there ever is one, it will likely cost over $400. I was out yesterday merrily extracting targets from an area I was over previously with the DEUS. The DEUS 9" coil (254 sq in) simply can't compete with the FORS 4.7" x 5.2" DD coil (77 sq in) in thick trash.

zumx

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thanks for explanations :)
my friend is kind pro in this thing ,he find a loot of good stuff over time
but he start with a loot of money (he buy most expensive on market)
he use now some 4500 and 5000 i think minelab models that cost 3-5k
and his next thing are 3d md's ,well at least he want to get one (i ask in his favor here for 3d md)

and he don't have clue which one is good from "cheap" one's, by his words

mainly i will hunt in forrest/in between forest/open land (he give me some pointers where some battles take place in past) in hill's

and he suggest that i need one that will be good in rock/earth/wood mix

so in land could be iron,other metals,coins,god knows what not ...

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Coming from the Land of DEUS, I've hear a lot of good things from the early adopters of the Fors Core series. They appears to be not as light as the DEUS are, but I know they are threatening XP Metal engineers!

I will propably have a try on a few romans sites to see if it is has fast as the DEUS can be.

Last edited:

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been researching the fors core and like the light shining at the coil, vibration option, 4 AA batteries and most of all that 30 inch depth.

Rockhoppernc

Jan 17, 2014
Asheville
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Core will be here tomorrow. Pm me and come check it out. I also got the 3 coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread