Fort Saint Simons Loot!

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
here where i live they are building a new swimming pool where the old Fort stood west of the light house built in 1807..there has to be some good loot here where they are digging the pool.this is about 1 acre area .i went Sunday for about 1 hour and did find some loot.an Indian head penny 1896.but this bottle i really like.it reads ? 7oz fld cay ? and this what's/it pointed thing like a 2" thimble??? a few wheat cents and a couple chunks of ? metal..

Attachments

• ssi.jpg
    ssi.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 452
  • ssi2.jpg
    ssi2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 440
  • ssi3.jpg
    ssi3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 447
  • ssi4.jpg
    ssi4.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 450
  • ssi loot1.jpg
    ssi loot1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 447
  • ssi loot2.jpg
    ssi loot2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0
Hey Digger,

Check with the construction folks and see if they took the top soil somewhere. If they did, and they will tell you, there is lots of loot there.

I got onto a site like this back in the 1990's and worked it two days. The construction guy finally came to me and told me that they had taken the top soil off but that they were going to bring it back after the lot was leveled to their liking. They brought it back in about two weeks and I was there when they spread it back out. I left there with two pockets full of silver, jewelry and military items.

Give them a shout about that.

DaChief

DaChief said:
Its piled up at the site...2 piles about 40' around and 15' high...top soil. :thumbsup:
Hey Digger,

Check with the construction folks and see if they took the top soil somewhere. If they did, and they will tell you, there is lots of loot there.

I got onto a site like this back in the 1990's and worked it two days. The construction guy finally came to me and told me that they had taken the top soil off but that they were going to bring it back after the lot was leveled to their liking. They brought it back in about two weeks and I was there when they spread it back out. I left there with two pockets full of silver, jewelry and military items.

Give them a shout about that.

DaChief

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back