What's new

Fossil hunt yesterday

fossis

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,837
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a trip to Arkansas yesterday to hunt my (Old Stomping Grounds), the area has been mostly 'reclaimed', & they will plant pine trees later on.
But there are a few 'spoil piles' left, & after some rain & erosion, I usually find a few fossils.
I found several (Stigmaria roots), & a few ferns, the last one shown, I 'clear coated' to bring out more detail.
I only brought home two of the roots, leaving the rest to let my friends find some. :thumbsup:
The 'dimples' in the roots had little 'rootlets' coming out of them, I have seen them in large rocks, they looked almost like an x-ray.

Fossis.............
 

Attachments

  • Fossil hunt yesterday 001.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 001.webp
    135.7 KB · Views: 638
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 002.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 002.webp
    207.2 KB · Views: 631
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 003.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 003.webp
    371.7 KB · Views: 609
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 004.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 004.webp
    202.6 KB · Views: 615
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 011.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 011.webp
    236.6 KB · Views: 560
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 010.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 010.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 563
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 009.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 009.webp
    154.8 KB · Views: 586
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 008.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 008.webp
    182.8 KB · Views: 580
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 007.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 007.webp
    122.5 KB · Views: 603
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 006.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 006.webp
    231 KB · Views: 605
  • Fossil hunt yesterday 005.webp
    Fossil hunt yesterday 005.webp
    218.5 KB · Views: 618
Worthy55 said:
Very very cool great finds. 8) 8) 8) :)

Thanks, Fossis...............
 
Yes nice plants! I am guessing you were north in the state?
I lived south of Hot Springs and hoping to return there when
it warms up a bit with a friend to check out an area.

Did you treat the plant with something to make it stand out like that?
 
fossis, great finds.
 
Mosasaurfiend said:
Yes nice plants! I am guessing you were north in the state?
I lived south of Hot Springs and hoping to return there when
it warms up a bit with a friend to check out an area.

Did you treat the plant with something to make it stand out like that?

The western part
i just spray them with 'clear sealer'.

Fossis..............
 
LanceHall said:
Nice stuff!

Thanks, I have guided the Dallas-Ft. Worth Palentology club to this area on two occasions, they always found
lots of fossils.

Fossis...............
 
Great stuff, fossis, the ferns would rival some of the stuff I have seen and own from Mason Creek...
 
Cool Stuff!.webp
 

Attachments

  • Cool Stuff!.webp
    Cool Stuff!.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 487
old goat.... Thanks, I have done lots of trading & selling over the years.

Cappy Z.... Glad to share

PBK..... Thank you
 
Tylocidaris said:
Great photos. Looks like perfect weather (good contrast) to find some nice fossils. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks, the weather was in the 50's, then the whole country turned to winter. :icon_scratch:

Fossis..............
 
wildcatman71 said:
Great pic! I am glad I got to see them. :icon_thumright:

Thanks, glad to share.

Fossis.............
 
Wow, those are cool! There's just not a lot of fossils in my part of the country. Or I just haven't started finding them yet. Thanks for the pics.

ng
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom