What's new

Fossil id help

Nox247

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 27, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this specimen in my travels to Indonesia is this a tree trunk or a mammoth ivory?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6564.webp
    IMG_6564.webp
    483.5 KB · Views: 99
Welcome to tnet!

Your item in question does show some type of a ring growth. It may be petrified wood or it may also be a petrified tooth section. Hard to tell.
 
Not sure on my response. Can you please show us the other side. Cross section side.
 
I do not see the Schreger lines (cross hatched lines) so I do not think this is Mammoth, Mastodon, and any other mammuthus ??? don't know if that is the correct word for any type of elephant like extinct mammal.

Can you post more photos from different angles?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom