That is a sweet little find. It looks like it could be a Loriolia sp. Did you see the smaller one just to the lower left?
...had you looking, didnt I? It has amazed me how many times I've missed something because I had tunnel vision on my "find". I once stood on a 2.5" Pedernales point as my Dad and I discussed picking up a huge quartzite cobble. He found the point when he went back to get the cobble.
You are made of tough stuff. I haven't been out for much lately, and then for the shortest duration possible. Can't wait for cooler temps and some rain.
Nice finds and well deserved.
Thanx for the kind words,ya know how it is...I can hear them calling..lol
I am not big on guns,are bullets like that modern & common?I have found other bullets over there,but they were not whole.
here are some of what I found over there.Some were surface finds,but most I M.D.'ed for
The bullet is a .22 long rifle rimfire. Looks to be a federal hollow point with a lead bullet. It's very common and is very popular today, though it's been around for quite some time. That particular shell looks like it's been there for quite some time.