What's new

Fossil possibly?

BadAdze

Full Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
233
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this on a sand bar here in Northwest Missouri, the rock guys said i should post it here. Any ideas? These pictures are of the same item, last two just were brighter because i think light was reflecting off the laminate.


100_1251 (640x478).webp

100_1252 (640x478).webp

100_1253 (640x478).webp

100_1254 (640x478).webp

100_1255 (640x478).webp

100_1256 (640x478).webp
 
found this on a sand bar here in Northwest Missouri, the rock guys said i should post it here. Any ideas? These pictures are of the same item, last two just were brighter because i think light was reflecting off the laminate.

Curious object, but I don't recognize it.
 
I am told that a fossil will stick to your tongue. I was told that by a college professor. For whatever that is worth.
 
Hard telling, could be petrified wood with some crystalization?
 
Darnit, they all stuck......lol Does wood eventually crystalize over enough time?
 
Darnit, they all stuck......lol Does wood eventually crystalize over enough time?

I have seen where the sap, or water and minerals that associate themselves in the process fossilization will crystalize.
 
the crystals look like our local(Florida) druzzy quartz...I have found clam shell molds lined with it , also agatized coral with druzzy inclusions..it sure looks like wood from here, it could be wood !
 
Im almost convinced it is wood terryo, maybe the base part of a branch im thinking.
 
Im sorry guys, i should mention i take several views of the same specimen. These are different views of the same item. We need to have something where u scan the specimen and a hologram 3 dimensional image would be available to others for study. Kinda like The message of Princess Leah to OB1 in Star wars...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom