What's new

Fossil Teeth ID?

Guest 1551

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
804
Reaction score
890
Golden Thread
0
Hey guys! Found these in the Florida panhandle last week with the wife. Not pictured are a few tapir, couple small mastodon shards, etc. These three have me stumped. Is the first one camel?
Tooth #1
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559403702.694965.webp

Tooth #2
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559403724.554970.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559403740.095984.webp

Tooth #3 - Big animal of some kind. I can’t place it though. I’m inclined to think giant ground sloth due to the mashing portion of the tooth. Pictures aren’t the best, but it’s definitely a tooth with very clear enamel.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559403795.005976.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559403818.317003.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559403841.228270.webp
 
Last edited:
#1-looks like camel or deer but I believe camel,
#2- manatee
#3-?
 
#1-looks like camel or deer but I believe camel,
#2- manatee
#3-?

I was thinking Dugong for the second one but you're probably right.

OP, the first one looks like Camel or Llama, and the third one? it looks like to me to be Rhino and their fossil teeth are found in Florida.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom