What's new

Fossilized Skin?

Smokehouse_83

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2018
Messages
91
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this when I was a kid in Iowa and just rediscovered it at my mothers yesterday. Could it be fossilized skin? I looked at pics on google and it looks like some specimens.

image.webp

image.webp
 
The chance of that are probably about a billion to 1. Only a couple verifiable examples of petrified skin from any fossil ever found.
 
If its dinosaur skin your a rich man, lol.
 
I'll throw this out there. Tortoise shell.


Ooh, you made me think of something. It may not be tortoise shell, but could be a scute! The 2 angled lines with a rough arc at one end kind of lean towards that direction, although I have zero idea which animal it would be from.
 
Looks like old dried old paint.


GOD Bless

Chris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom