R ringding Hero Member Joined May 5, 2006 Messages 692 Reaction score 26 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Pioneer 505 Jun 28, 2008 #1 I just found a 1945 s wheat cent. Is that a big deal? Is it worth anything? How about other s mintmark pennies? Are they similar to halves where they are proofs? Upvote 0
I just found a 1945 s wheat cent. Is that a big deal? Is it worth anything? How about other s mintmark pennies? Are they similar to halves where they are proofs?
jrf30 Bronze Member Joined May 7, 2006 Messages 1,896 Reaction score 385 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used dfx, Ryedale! Jun 28, 2008 #2 It's worth about the same as a 1945 plain. About 3 cents. In th 40s there were a lot of S mintmark pennies. I have a lot of 1944 and 1945. But it beats a pair of 1990D's though. :-D
It's worth about the same as a 1945 plain. About 3 cents. In th 40s there were a lot of S mintmark pennies. I have a lot of 1944 and 1945. But it beats a pair of 1990D's though. :-D
S sfwusc Jr. Member Joined Mar 20, 2008 Messages 90 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Jun 28, 2008 #3 jrf30 said: It's worth about the same as a 1945 plain. About 3 cents. In th 40s there were a lot of S mintmark pennies. I have a lot of 1944 and 1945. But it beats a pair of 1990D's though. :-D Click to expand... I get about $4-6 for a set of 1941-1955 s mint marks on ebay. figure in fees and shipping and I clear around $2.50 a set. 15-17 cents ea.
jrf30 said: It's worth about the same as a 1945 plain. About 3 cents. In th 40s there were a lot of S mintmark pennies. I have a lot of 1944 and 1945. But it beats a pair of 1990D's though. :-D Click to expand... I get about $4-6 for a set of 1941-1955 s mint marks on ebay. figure in fees and shipping and I clear around $2.50 a set. 15-17 cents ea.