found 9 inches down in old home

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
found this in a 18th century home backyard also anybody out there know what a old gas heater (small cermamnic back intact and shell great condition is worth??

Is this an ice chipper for the sidewalk?? cant be a city ho e is it? it is metal (iron), tapered to the tip and what looks like to be the fluted attachment at the other end
the home went back to the 1800's (easy) the area was human habitated even before that

Attachments

• ND620001.jpg
    ND620001.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 619
  • ND620002.jpg
    ND620002.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 612

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry,occasionally we here at Tnet take this mental break....We will gather or senses and get right back on it....Pardon our gastly humor....we mean no harm. ;)

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
having the iron wedge shape I'd say it would be an axe or could be the ice breaker you were referring to. ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
def not an axe (dosen't have a flat edge) or a malul (too thin) an old winshield ice scraper?????? it weighs a ton. gotta be a ice chipper they had a well in the back.

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michelle said:
having the iron wedge shape I'd say it would be an axe or could be the ice breaker you were referring to. ;)
Sorry,meant ice chipper,not scraper!!!!

Upvote 0

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
I can't tell the size of it from the photo, but to me it looks like it is a broken piece off the bottom part of Railroad or Street Car rail.

~Kansas~

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread