What's new

Found A Dime in my Penny Box

TheProf

Full Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
183
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was searching through my penny box and when I ripping the plastic a dime popped out! That is a first for me. Also got 13 wheats, a 1909 and a 1919 included. 2 Canadians, a Bahama penny also. Still waiting for a Indian Head!
 
Upvote 0
Hey its Mebegene,

I can tell you I've been CRHing for 40 years now. I've calculated Indians are being found now a days in an approx 100,000/1 ratio. So thats one per $1,000.00 in pennies - a major testament to just how patient (or insane) a guy can be. I've been really seriously collecting pennies for about a full year now after about a 25 year layoff. I've been through about 1,000,000 coins and have discovered about 11 Indians. Most are fairly run of the mill but I can say I've discovered a very fine 1864 L (offered $120.00) and a nice 1909P ($10.00). Keep at it - there's NEVER a more satisifying feeling in finding your first indian!

Mebe
 
I think that I am most amazed by your Canadian to wheat ratio. I always find a Canadian for every Wheat and usually many extra Canadians.l
 
I've found about $1 worth of dimes in penny rolls. Sometimes it's better than finding a wheat!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom