Found a Fantastic Spearpoint/Knife Today in Central California!!

Rowdy Yates

Nov 15, 2006
Coulterville, California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The rains have been very good for me lately..... I found this today in Central California. It's absolutely perfect! It's 4 1/4" long and made from Monterey Chert. There's a fair amount of caliche adhering to one side, but I figure I won't scrub it off. I'm pretty stoked! Any ideas as to style, age, and value?? (I also posted this in the Native American section.......)

Thanks,

Rick

wors001copy.jpg

cleanside.jpg

backside.jpg

scalef.jpg

Upvote 0
kuger said:
I dont want to tell you your bussiness or stir up a big brew haha about what you can and cant do(especially in Calif),BUT I highly recommend you delete this post and do not be surprised if you get a loud knock on your door......by Johnny Law whom you can bet watches these sites.Just my humble educated opinion :wink:

I'm not up on the laws of Arnie's state. So why should he delete it.? If this was found on private land, like your own does that matter?

You found yourself a fantastic looking spearhead :thumbsup:

I dont want to tell you your bussiness or stir up a big brew haha about what you can and cant do(especially in Calif),BUT I highly recommend you delete this post and do not be surprised if you get a loud knock on your door......by Johnny Law whom you can bet watches these sites.Just my humble educated opinion Wink

Hi Kuger,

I'm up on the laws here in Calif., and there are six magic words:

"Found with permission on private property".

Still works here in CA, but I don't know about Oregon? ???

Unless an artifact is found in association with prehistoric human remains, it belongs to the property owner.

Regards,

Rick

I understand that,BUT the burden of proof is on you.If they think you got it from public land,dug it,or whatever(they dont care, they assume you stole it from some archeologically sensitive site)All they need is a reason to come search your house.The west is a lot different than the East.Just a word of caution,do as you wish. :wink:

Best listen to seasoned advice. Get one hard-nosed archeologist that wants to play God, and there will be the devil to pay.
If you found it on private land, then get someone to sign paper that you were on his property with his permission. Don't
do the work, and let Uncle Sammy - who, by the way, is SUPER BROKE - take what is rightfully yours. :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back